Monday, January 16, 2012

There is no Tao

Existence. Anti-existence.
What can be the meaning of a life that can be snuffed out so easily?
Is it because we are out of balance somehow that we die?
Can I exist in perfect harmony with the Tao? Or am I prone to mistakes, errors that lead me astray?
The Tao is easy, yet people prefer the side paths. Why are we so tempted?
At the end of a big meal, I sometimes feel like taking more food. Why? I am no longer hungry. The food may not even be something that I crave. I feel obligated somehow. Perhaps, I think, the memory of this bite might bring me happiness.
Without meditation and contemplation, my life dissolves into a miserable, desire-seeking existence.
When I meditate and contemplate existence and non-existence, I can immediately appreciate my surroundings, and, further, come to grips with the cyclical nature of life. Things begin, and things end, and I am content.
I will not be pushing for that extra bite tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment